Total of 8 persons include me went watched the Paranormal Activity movie yesterday, we bought our movie ticker easily due to lack of peoples come to watch this movie, maybe lack of promotion at television or media, I guess. 🙂
This movie is about a young, middle class couple moves into what seems like a typical suburban “starter” tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be demonic, but is certainly most active in the middle of the night. Especially when they sleep.
I was seriously giddy and almost vomited as I sat down to watch Paranormal Activity. I quite dislike the way that they shot the movie. It is more like a documentary than a typical movie. Entire movie shot by using normal video camcorder. Watching this movie just like playing “Counter Strike” to me. 😛
Overall, this is 1 hour and a half movie. It is quite boring at the beginning of the movie. Some of peoples include three of my friends walked out the cinema due to boring and giddy. Well, if you are the first time to watch this kind of movie, I am sure that you are not going like it – especially if you are comfortable with typical movie.
All the exciting and scariest scene appeared almost at the end of the movie. The ending … can’t tell you. 🙂
Overall, my score for this movie:
>>> 2/5 star<<<
What i like this movie:
– Scariest movie (perhaps) in 2009.
– Some scary scene never occurred in other scary movie. This film will satisfy your horror appetite.
What i dislike:
– There is not special nor sound effect like AVATAR. (what can you expect for a low budget movie)
– This movie is shot by using video camcorder that made you feel like this movie made by an amateur director (perhaps by secondary school’s students).
– Quite giddy (almost vomit) watching this movie from view of the camera.
My two cents:
If you are the kind of people that looking for scary stuffs. Then this is the movie that you are waiting for. BUT please don’t expect too much. 🙂