I’ve make few dollars with Sponsored Tweets and maybe you has some question about “What The Heck is Sponsored Tweets?”
Sponsored Tweets is a new Twitter advertising platform, owned by IZEA, that connects advertisers with Tweeters. Advertisers can create sponsored conversations on Twitter. Tweeters can earn money for spreading the word. Think of it as the Pay Per Tweet version of Pay Per Post.
The tweet price is based factors like number of followers, number of tweeters you’re following, the age of your account, how often you tweet, etc. Sponsored Tweets will give you a recommend price you should charge but you are not bounded by it and can set whatever price you want.
Source from JohnChow‘s blog.
What is Twitter?
Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author’s profile page and delivered to the author’s subscribers who are known as followers.
Source from Wikipedia.
Steps to apply Sponsored Tweets
1) Before you apply Sponsored Tweets, your must has a twitter account. You only get accepted IF only your Twitter account is 60 days old, have at least 50 followers and 100 status updates. Go to twitter Twitter and apply a new account.
2) After you get your twitter account approved, the first thing you should do is seed your profile page with some interesting tweets. You want to make sure your tweets has some quality. Of course you can backlink your tweets to your blog. Twitter is a good source of traffic to your blog, website or offers. You can see some example from my twitter. 🙂
3) After you has some tweets, you can start follow other twitter user. If you want people to follow you, follow them first. I recommend that you follow those people which have the same interest like you. The chance of them following you back is quite high if both of you has the same interest.
The best way to find targeted Twitter users is with the Twitter Search. You enter the keywords like “make money online”, “health” etc. If your blog are talking about health niche then you should find people which also has the same niche with you. Follow everyone that shows up in the search results.
4) Be patient and wait from people to follow you back. If people like your tweets, chance of them following you back is high. In my case, i use the same method as above, i got more than 50% of people that follow back to me.
5) What happen if people don’t follow back to you. You can “unfollow” them. Twitter placed a limit on how many people you can follow. The limit is 2,000 or 110% of your followers, whichever is higher. If you have 5,000 people following you, you can follow a max of 5,500. If you have 10 people following you, you can follow a max of 2,000.